Americas Marketing Manager
NI ELVIS III
Drive Teamwork with Easy Coordination of Experiments
One of the major requests from industry and accreditation bodies is for students to graduate from college with an understanding of how to work in teams to solve a common engineering problem. Because NI ELVIS III is a network-connected device, it enables collaboration on experiments through multiuser access. Each of the seven instruments can be accessed simultaneously by different students connected
wirelessly to NI ELVIS III. Also, the control I/O can be programmed independently by students accessing the instrumentation. This means that in a group of students, each individual can interact with NI ELVIS III to perform part of an experiment, so everyone is involved in a completely collaborative experimentation environment.
Similarly, since NI ELVIS III can be remotely accessed, teaching assistants find assessing student work much simpler. Rather than designating time to meet in person with each student, the TA can be a remote resource logging in to each device after students complete the assignment.
NI ELVIS III removes barriers to collaboration and enables more students to progress through a lab in less time. This increases student satisfaction and makes the best use of teaching staff resources.
Interchangeable, Course-Specific Experiments
NI ELVIS enhances engineering curriculum by integrating project-based learning, teamwork, and design with course-specific application boards and labs developed by experts from education and industry. With a constantly expanding ecosystem, NI ELVIS enriches courses from the fundamentals of electrical and mechanical engineering to system-level design in power electronics and mechatronics. NI has partnered with leading companies in engineering education such as Texas Instruments, Digilent, Emona, and Quanser to offer complete lab solutions for electronics, controls, mechatronics, and communications.
The application boards provide easy access to not only the hardware needed to complete engineering labs but also the laboratory exercises and programs to finish the exercises. The exercises and programs are freely available at ni.com/teach even before purchasing the boards.
To explore the application boards for NI ELVIS, visit one of the following pages:
NI ELVIS Electronics Boards
NI ELVIS Mechatronics Boards
NI ELVIS Controls Boards
NI ELVIS Communications Boards
For more information please visit:
Rethinking Electronics Education -
Oklahoma State University’s
solution to teaching electronics
Practical Engineering Education Through a
Web Browser: An
Internet of Engineering Lab Things –
a Case Study from The Open University – a 100% Distance Learning Institution
ELVIS III Flyer
Product Video Demo Links
What is NI ELVIS
NI ELVIS Youtube Series
Analog Discovery 2
• Two-channel USB digital oscilloscope (1MΩ, ±25V, differential, 14-bit, 100MS/s, 30MHz+*)
• Two-channel arbitrary waveform generator (±5V, 14-bit, 100MS/s, 12MHz+ bandwidth*)
• 16-channel digital logic analyzer (3.3V CMOS and 1.8V or 5V tolerant, 100MS/s)
• 16-channel pattern generator (3.3V CMOS, 100MS/s)
• 16-channel virtual digital I/O including buttons, switches, displays, and LEDs, which is perfect for logic training applications
• Two input/output digital trigger signals for linking multiple instruments or providing an external trigger source
• Two channel voltmeter
• Network Analyzer with Bode, Nyquist, Nichols transfer diagrams of a circuit. The Network Analyzer has a range of 1Hz to 10MHz
• Spectrum Analyzer capable of power spectrum and spectral measurements (noise floor, SFDR, SNR, THD, etc.)
• Data Logger with exportable data and plot functionality
• Impedance Analyzer for analyzing capacitive and inductive elements
• Protocol Analyzer with SPI, I2C, CAN, AVR, and UART
• Two programmable power supplies (0…+5V , 0…-5V). The maximum available output current and power depend on the Analog Discovery 2 powering choice.
• Stereo audio amplifier to drive external headphones or speakers with replicated Arbitrary Waveform Generator signals
• An available Software Development Kit for programming with Python and C++, and a toolkit for programming with LabVIEW.
• MATLAB support for the Data Acquisition Toolbox
Free version for students to use
For the software that can be downloaded to a student’s laptop
6 month access to students for Multisim Education Edition
Multisim Live - is free with limited features for any one with an account
Solutions for Engineering Curricula
• Introductory Engineering Topics
• Analog Electronics
• Digital Electronics
• Power Electronics
• Wireless Communications
• Signals and Systems
• Linear/Non-Linear Control
• Experimental Design
• And more