Issued March 2, 2020
ECEDHA continues to monitor and assess the potential impact of the Coronavirus on its upcoming ECEDHA Annual Conference. The health and safety of our community is of utmost priority and we are working closely with the conference facility’s management to ensure that all proper measures are being taken to protect our delegates.
The Annual Conference is scheduled to be held as planned on March 18 – 21, 2020 at the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld in Orlando, Florida.
ECEDHA draws participants from the United States and Canada where the immediate risk is low at this time.
ECEDHA has implemented many measures to help mitigate the spread of the virus and will continue to add additional recommended measures. Current measures include:
- Increased cleaning and disinfection across all high-volume areas including food and beverage areas, surfaces, handrails, elevators, restrooms, entrances/exits
- Modification of food and beverage distribution to exclude open food service and buffets
- Availability of sanitizing and disinfecting materials for public use at the Annual Conference
- Awareness campaign via electronic communications, website postings, and onsite signage
- Awareness and training to all staff on standard personal hygiene, frequency of use of sanitizing/disinfecting products, etc.
- Guidelines to exhibitors on implementing effective cleaning and disinfection of exhibit booths along with information on personal hygiene measures and common preventative behavior
In addition, ECEDHA advises program participants to adopt the following practices to prevent the spread of germs:
- Delegates are encouraged to wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- ECEDHA will adopt a “no-handshake” policy at the program
- Delegates should avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Delegates should cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a closed container trash receptacle
- Delegates should regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched objects
- Delegates should avoid close contact with people who are sick and avoid others if they are sick
Comprehensive information on the virus from the CDC can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Individuals who have traveled to an affected geographic area, as specified by the CDC, may wish to reconsider participation in this year’s program. Travel updates from the CDC, including a list of affected geographic areas, are available here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
Should you need to modify your participation, please contact the ECEDHA team at +1-312-559-3724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ECEDHA will continue to monitor the situation over the coming weeks and will rely upon Official Government Agencies and notices for guidance on the safety of bringing communities together. Any new statements will be issued to our registrants and will also be posted to our website at: www.ecedha.org.
In addition, ECEDHA participants are encouraged to follow the recommended protocols of their university or organizations in planning their travel to the Annual Conference.